Tuesday 29 March 2011

Font making process

This is the font ive used for a template its called Zalea I chose it because first of all its nic and bold so i can fit my drawings in each character and number and I like thestyle of it. I really think it will suit my drawings! I'll see.









Bellow is the process of how Ive created my illustrated font First I traced the outline of the letters. Then drew the fruits inside sometimes drawing them so they come outside the letter a little. Then when Im happy I shade them in.
Well these are the first few letters as you can see some of them are not quite finished but I scanned it anyway to show how I drew them. The ones at the bottom havent been shaded in yet its just the outlines but they will resemble the ones at the top when finshed. the rest of the Alphabet is below try and spot the fruits in the letters. They are not all fruits though some are leaves and stuff.


These ones are finished. I quite like how theyve turned out. I didnt want to make my letters the obvious way by making the orange 'O' and stuff like that its not creative enough for me and is too easy a thing to do. These did take quite a while to draw, which eventially started to get on my nerves so I stopped hence the unfinished letters above. plus my hands did start to hurt as they are quite small drawings, and as I used hard pencils F and 2H (I dont want my drawings to smudge easilly by using soft pencils) I had to press quite hard to get the darker tones. I had to stop. I will finish these though soon. and make them into sentances saying stuff like "Eat me" or "eat healthy" or "quit eating junk!" or whatever.
 Also I have to do those numbers too! Well when its all done ill post them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...